SHDA Mitral Valve Symposium 2020
- Master the imaging of mitral regurgitation – Professor Greg Scalia
- Imaging – echo guided management of primary and secondary regurgitation
- Advanced surgical and transcatheter techniques – current guidelines and new emerging evidence
- Resynchronisation therapy
- Challenges faced in decision making – complexity, future planning, resource allocation
- Primary mitral regurgitation – transcatheter or surgical – the choices to be made
- Secondary mitral regurgitation – repair techniques, minimally invasive approches
- Secondary mitral regurgitation with heart failure – the worlds collide
- Mitral valve prosthesis dysfunction – watch that LVOT!
- Severe Mitral Annular Calcification – should we still resect it all?
Follow the cases
The technical and clinical challenges faced with mitral valve pathology – choosing the correct intervention, patient selection and the imaging that is associated.
With each case, you will journey through:
- Anatomy of the pathology, initial imaging, patient complexities
- The Heart Team meeting
- Traditional and the new emerging analysis – specific procedural imaging including CT vectors and flow analysis, 3D printing
- Watch the intervention step-by-step