Dr Bruce Cartwright: Intraoperative Echocardiographic Assessment During Mitral Valve Repair
Dr Bruce Cartwright, Anaesthetist at Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, discusses the use of echocardiography during mitral valve repair. Presentation delivered at the SHDA Mitral Valve Symposium 2015.
- Varghese R, Itagaki S, Anyanwu AC, Trigo P, Fischer G, Adams DH. Predicting systolic anterior motion after mitral valve reconstruction: using intraoperative transoesophageal echocardiography to identify those at greatest risk. European Journal of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery. 2014 Jan;45(1):132–7–discussion137–8.
- Anyanwu AC, Adams DH. Why do mitral valve repairs fail? J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2009 Nov;22(11):1265–8.
- Shakil O, Jainandunsing JS, Ilic R, Matyal R, Mahmood F. Ischemic mitral regurgitation: an intraoperative echocardiographic perspective. J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 2013 Jun;27(3):573–85.
- Grayburn PA. New concepts in functional mitral regurgitation: it is not just a disease of the left ventricle. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2013 Apr 30;61(17):1817–9.
- Maslow AD, Regan MM, Haering JM, Johnson RG, Levine RA. Echocardiographic predictors of left ventricular outflow tract obstruction and systolic anterior motion of the mitral valve after mitral valve reconstruction for myxomatous valve disease. JAC. 1999 Dec;34(7):2096–104.
- Trzcinka A, Fox JA, Shook DC, Hilberath JN, Hartman G, Bollen B, et al. Echocardiographic evaluation of mitral inflow hemodynamics after asymmetric double-orifice repair. Anesthesia & Analgesia. 2014 Dec;119(6):1259–66.
- Hyodo E, Iwata S, Tugcu A, Oe Y, Koczo A, Shimada K, et al. Accurate measurement of mitral annular area by using single and biplane linear measurements: comparison of conventional methods with the three-dimensional planimetric method. Eur Heart J Cardiovasc Imaging. 2012 Jul;13(7):605–11.
- Ashikhmina E, Shook D, Cobey F, Bollen B, Fox J, Liu X, et al. Three-dimensional versus two-dimensional echocardiographic assessment of functional mitral regurgitation proximal isovelocity surface area. Anesthesia & Analgesia. 2015 Mar;120(3):534–42.
- Balfanz G, Arora H, Sheridan BC, Katz JN, Kumar PA. Dynamic mitral regurgitation without regional wall motion abnormality. J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 2012 Aug;26(4):753–5.