SHDA Right Heart Symposium 2019
This symposium is designed to bring together the different specialties that treat right heart structural disease, including right ventricular failure, tricuspid & pulmonary valve pathology, pulmonary hypertension, and right heart electrophysiology.
Date: Saturday 23rd February, 2019
Workshops: 8.30am – 10.15am
Main Symposium: 10.30 am – 5.00pm
Cocktail Hour: 5.00pm – 6.00pm
Venue: Abercrombie Business School, H70, Abercrombie St & Codrington St, Darlington NSW 2006
- Anatomy of the Right Heart
- Idiopathic pulmonary arterial hypertension
- Maladaptation of the RV in Athletes
- MRI – Interesting cases
- Primary pathology of the right ventricle
- Functional TR – options for treatment -surgical, percutaneous, medical management
- Imaging of the tricuspid valve
- Pre-operative evaluation prior to tricuspid valve surgery for severe TR
- Imaging of the right ventricle
- Imaging and management of PPM induced tricuspid regurgitation
- Right ventricle adaptation post transcath Mitral intervention
- Right ventricle strain – Assessment tools
- Mitraclip in the tricuspid position
- Managing a failing right ventricle – Post-cardiac surgery
- Transcatheter tricuspid valve implants the new world
- LIVE CASE 1 – Right Heart Catheterisation using dynamic exercise
- New therapies for pulmonary embolism – Expert Panel
- LIVE CASE 2 – surgical pulmonary thombectomy
Advanced TOE – Diagnostic and Intra-op Advanced Echo – Strain and 3D
Wet-lab – Dissection, Anatomy, Devices with Imaging
CT MRI Pattern Recognition – Computer workshop
ECMO and Impella Workshop simulation
Vascular femoral access with ultrasound for surgeons
ANZCA, ASAR, FRACP, CSANZ
Confirmed Streaming Locations
CHINA, GUANGDONG: Road Dongchuan 96, Yingdong Building, Guangzhou Room 212
NEW ZEALAND, WAIKATO: Waikato DHB, Level 4, Waiora, Pembroke St, Hamilton.
VIC, BENDIGO: Staff Room, Central Victorian Cardiology, cnr Lily and Barnard Streets, Bendigo.
VIC, MONASH: Lecture Theatre 1, Monash Heart, 246 Clayton Road, Clayton.
VIC, GEELONG: University Hospital-Barwon Health, John Lindell Theatre, Ryrie Street, Geelong.
NSW, GOSFORD: Lecture Theatre, Gosford Hospital, Holden Street.
NSW, COFFS HARBOUR: External Education Room, Coffs Harbour Health Campus, 345 Pacific Highway.
NSW, LISMORE: Cardiac Catheter Lab, Lismore Base Hospital, Uralba Street
NSW, PORT MACQUARIE: Room 1, Port Macquarie Cardiology, 12 Highfields Circuit.
NSW, TAMWORTH: Tamara Consulting Rooms, Tamara Private Hospital, 40 Piper Street.
NSW, WOLLONGONG: ICU Tutorial Room, Wollongong Hospital, Crown St, Wollongong.
QLD, GOLD COAST: Large Lecture Theatre, Gold Coast University Hospital, 1 Hospital Boulevard.
QLD, TOOWOOMBA: Unara Room 1, Toowoomba Base Hospital, 54 Pechy Street, Toowoomba
QLD, SUNSHINE COAST: CIU Meeting Room, Level 2, Sunshine Coast University Hospital, 6 Doherty Street.
QLD, TOWNSVILLE: Goanna Room, The Townsville Hospital, 100 Angus Smith Drive.
SA, ADELAIDE: Conference Centre, Tennyson Street, 520 South Road, Kurralta Park.
WA, PERTH: Education Centre Rm G2, Fiona Stanley Hospital, 11 Robin Warren Drive, Murdoch.
More streaming sites to be confirmed