Right Heart Symposium Playlists
This symposium is designed to bring together the different specialties that treat right heart structural disease, including right ventricular failure, tricuspid & pulmonary valve pathology, pulmonary hypertension, and right heart electrophysiology.
Date: Saturday 23rd February, 2019
Workshops: 8.30am – 10.15am
Main Symposium: 10.30 am – 5.00pm
Cocktail Hour: 5.00pm – 6.00pm
Venue: Abercrombie Business School, H70, Abercrombie St & Codrington St, Darlington NSW 2006
RACS, RACP, ASAR, ANZCA, AHPRA
1 point per hour for the main symposium, full attendance required
- Computer Lab 1 – Advanced TOE – Diagnostic and Intra-op – Prof Greg Scalia and Jacinta Nathan
- Computer Lab 2 – CT/MRI of the tricuspid valve and assessment of the RV – Dr Imre Hunyor
- Computer Lab 3 – Advanced Echo – Strain and 3D – Prof Jonathan Chan, Prof Liza Thomas, Dr Mikhail Altman & Paula Brown
- Wet-lab – Dissection, Anatomy, Devices with Imaging – Mr Aubrey Almeida
10:10AM Morning Tea
10:30AM The Right Ventricle
- Anatomy of the right heart – Dr Sean Lal
- Move over RVs and TAPSE – RV assessment – Strain all the way – Prof Liza Thomas
- MRI – Imaging of the right ventricle – Dr Imre Hunyor
- Rheumatic and Indigenous issues with RV – Dr Edwina Wing-Lun
- MRI – Interesting cases – A/Prof Raj Puranik
- Maladaption of the RV in Athletes – Dr Guido Claessen
- Right ventricular remodelling in patients undergoing transcatheter and surgical mitral valve repair or replacement – Dr Sara Hungerford
- LIVE CASE (in a box) – Right Heart Catheterisation using dynamic exercise – Dr Katrina Adorini
- What Cardiac Sonographers need to know about Cardiac Devices – Miriam Norman
1:45PM The Tricuspid Valve & Pulmonary Hypertension
- Imaging of the tricuspid valve – Prof Gregory Scalia
- Novel Bioscaffolding (CardioCel) in Right Sided Applications – A/Prof Christian Brizard
- Transcatheter tricuspid valve implants the new world – Dr Michael Michail
- Mild to moderate Tricuspid Regurgitation in a functioning Right Heart – big data perspectives – Prof Geoffrey Strange
- Idiopathic pulmonary arterial hypertension – Dr Helen Thomson
- PHT in left heart disease – Prof David Celermajer
3:30PM Afternoon Tea
3:45PM New & Existing Therapies for Pulmonary Embolism
(Expert Panel: Dr Garrick Don, Prof David McGiffin, Mr Aubrey Almeida, Dr David Boshell, A/Prof Paul Forrest, Prof Geoffrey Strange)
- ECMO in PE – A/Prof Paul Forrest
- Inoperable CTEPH – available medical therapies – Dr Garrick Don
- Balloon Pulmonary Angioplasty for CTEPH – Dr David Boshell
- LIVE CASE (in a box) – Pulmonary endarterectomy for chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension – Prof David McGiffin
5:00PM Cocktail Hour ‘Meet the Speakers’
Confirmed Streaming Locations
CHINA, GUANGDONG: Road Dongchuan 96, Yingdong Building, Guangzhou Room 212.
NEW ZEALAND, CHRISTCHURCH: CVTU Room, Christchurch Hospital, 2 Riccarton Avenue.
NEW ZEALAND, WAIKATO: Waikato DHB, Level 4, Waiora, Pembroke St, Hamilton.
VIC, BENDIGO: Staff Room, Central Victorian Cardiology, cnr Lily and Barnard Streets, Bendigo.
VIC, MONASH: Lecture Theatre 1, Monash Heart, 246 Clayton Road, Clayton.
VIC, GEELONG: University Hospital-Barwon Health, John Lindell Theatre, Ryrie Street, Geelong.
VIC, WANGARATTA: Room 1, Wangaratta Cardiology and Respiratory Centre, 29 Clark Street.
NSW, GOSFORD: Lecture Theatre, Gosford Hospital, Holden Street.
NSW, COFFS HARBOUR: External Education Room, Coffs Harbour Health Campus, 345 Pacific Highway.
NSW, LISMORE: Cardiac Catheter Lab, Lismore Base Hospital, Uralba Street.
NSW, NEWCASTLE: RNC Resource Room 1 – 2426, John Hunter Hospital, Lookout Rd, New Lambton.
NSW, ORANGE: Critical Care Meeting Room 25520, Ground Floor, Orange Health Service, 1530 Forest Road.
NSW, PORT MACQUARIE: Room 1, Port Macquarie Cardiology, 12 Highfields Circuit.
NSW, TAMWORTH: Tamara Consulting Rooms, Tamara Private Hospital, 40 Piper Street.
NSW, WOLLONGONG: ICU Tutorial Room, Wollongong Hospital, Crown St, Wollongong.
QLD, BRISBANE: Mark O’Brian Auditorium, TPCH, Education Centre, Rode Rd, Chermside
QLD, GOLD COAST: Large Lecture Theatre, Gold Coast University Hospital, 1 Hospital Boulevard.
QLD, TOOWOOMBA: Unara Room 1, Toowoomba Base Hospital, 54 Pechy Street, Toowoomba
QLD, SUNSHINE COAST: CIU Meeting Room, Level 2, Sunshine Coast University Hospital, 6 Doherty Street.
QLD, TOWNSVILLE: Goanna Room, The Townsville Hospital, 100 Angus Smith Drive.
QLD, ROCKHAMPTON: Kenmore Conference Room, Mater Misericordiae Hospital, 31 Ward St, The Range.
SA, ADELAIDE: Conference Centre, Tennyson Street, 520 South Road, Kurralta Park.
WA, PERTH: Education Centre Rm G2, Fiona Stanley Hospital, 11 Robin Warren Drive, Murdoch.
NT, DARWIN: DPH Boardroom, NT Cardiac – Darwin Private Hospital, Rocklands Drive, Tiwi